Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pico de Gallo

Craving Mexican?
maybe Tex-Mex?

don't buy salsa in Germany,
it can best be compared to flavorful ketchup..

THANKFULLY,
my good friend Karen,
hailing from Mexico,
also living in Germany,
taught me how to make 
Pico de Gallo



seriously, simple and delicious.
even though I come from SoCal,
I'm pretty wimpy so this is a mild Pico de Gallo.

You will need
2-3 tomatoes (1 cup diced)
1 small onion (1/4-1/3c finely chopped)
1 T fresh cilantro 
(Coriander in German, found mine at the Bio Laden and Asia Markt)
salt and pepper to taste
and the secret ingredient...
olive oil, about 2-3 Tbsp
enough so it's all coated
and 1 heaping Tbsp love

That's it!
a great substitute for almost any recipe
 calling for "jars of salsa" which we don't have.. 

yields about 1.5 cups 

if you use it in one of your recipes, 
let me know how it goes!

made with love,
Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment